Sunday, May 15, 2011

Changes need to be made...

So folks, in August I am turning the big 2-5. No biggie, I know. But I am starting to notice that my body isn't reacting to things like it used to. Like how I have gained 5 pounds in the past 2 months from not watching what I eat. Like how tight my muscles are after not stretching for...*insert very long time frame here*.

See, when I was a teenager, from 14-22, I was a dancer at a local studio. It was pretty much my life for years and years. We were a competing school, so every fall we worked on choreography and every spring we went to competitions before our big recital. Photo evidence:



Me during my solo, I think I was 20 or 21 here.
I'm the tallest one with the longest leg highest in the air haha

While I know that I will probably never be able to return to this flexibility, I would like to return to that weight and that activity level. I was dancing 5 days a week, now I go to work and come home to sit on my butt. This has to stop.

An online friend is starting a 30 day challenge June 1 and I think I will be joining her. The start date is perfect, we are taking our anniversary trip right before that so while I will try to watch what I eat and such, I won't have to be crazy or too guilty if I indulge a little bit.

For the 30 day challenge, I would like to lose 5 pounds and start working out at least 2-3 times a week. My long term goals include losing 20-25 pounds, getting toned (aka beach body for our Caribbean vacation next year), and working out 5-6 times a week. I also want to finally join the gym. Maybe if I am paying for it, it will motivate me to actually go.

What are your health/fitness goals? Would anyone like to join me on a 30 day fitness challenge?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh hey, that's my butt and leg up not-so-high hahaha

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I specifically remember this too lol that must have been like RIGHT before I fell because those shoes had the little heels on them and my ankle turned in which you can see in that pictures hahhh that was horrible