Sunday, January 23, 2011

Book #1: Dragonfly in Amber

 -Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon.
(#2 in the Outlander Series)
Image source: amazon.com

I actually started this book on our honeymoon, but didn't finish it until this past week. The length of the book is intimidating to anyone (960 pages), and it's certainly not a quick read. I found that this book had parts that were very intriguing as well as parts that seemed to drag on forever. Outlander (book #1) was the same for me. However the story of Jamie and Claire is too good to walk away from. The twist of Claire's daughter in this book was welcoming and I am very curious to see how Claire and Brianna's relationship plays out in the next book!!

I will be taking a break from the Outlander series for a bit. I read the first and second back to back and the length of the books just gets longer as they go. However, the third is on a list to be completed by April 1st, so hopefully it will be read by then!

Rating: 5 stars!!

**To those of you that are interested in my books for the year, I have added a link to my sidebar to the list. It will be updated as I read throughout the year. Keep me motivated to my goal of 50 in 2011!!

No comments: