Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Favorite US Cities


I haven't done a Top 2 Tuesday in what seems like forever! This week's topic: Favorite US Cities.
I can't say that I have been to too many places, even in the US. Hubbs and I are trying to do a bit more travelling, so I am hoping that I will be able to add to the list. For now, however, the two cities that he and I have visited since being married:

1. Stowe, VT
It was so relaxing here. Even though we don't ski, and we went in August, the town is just so quaint and peaceful. We also drove to the top of Mt. Mansfield and hiked part of the ridge. We are planning on returning to complete the ridge hike. And the lodge we stayed at was amazing!!




Panoramic photo I took from our hotel.


A self portrait of Hubbs and I on the top of Mt. Mansfield- gorgeous view!


2. Newport, RI
This is where we went on our mini honeymoon right after the wedding. I love the ocean, even though I barely get to see it. Sometime about Newport just relaxed me, it was a great release after months of wedding planning. I found the town to be cozy and homey even though it is big and full of people/tourists. I can't wait to go back!!


Panoramic I took from the top of Fort Adams in Newport.


Can you tell we do self portraits quite often?

2 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

both look amazing!!

star said...

I agree with Taylor, both these cities look amazing! Have a great day!