Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Skillet Barbecue Pork Chops

I needed a recipe for pork chops, and didn't have time to scour all of the food blogs I follow. What to do, what to do...Use my Betty Crocker app on my iPhone!! New age cooking!

Skillet Barbecue Pork Chops
Recipe from Betty Crocker


4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 can (15 oz) chunky tomato sauce with onions, celery, and green bell peppers
2 Tbsp pack brown sugar
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard

Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Cook pork in skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.

Stir remaining ingredients into skillet.  Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is slightly pink when cut near bone.

Served with mashed potatoes and corn.

I could not find a can of the chunky tomato sauce, so I used sliced tomatoes with onions/celery/peppers instead. As I poured them into the skillet, I realized I probably could have thrown them in the food processor for a better end result, but hindsight is 20/20. Because I wasn't using sauce, I added a small can of plain tomato sauce to the skillet as well.

2 comments:

Mrs. F said...

This looks really good! Jon might like it...I'll have to try it. On another note..can you believe that you started this blog as a new year's resolution and now we are almost into 2011??? The holidays will be here before we know it!!!!

allie-mac-fallie said...

Hey girl! I tagged you in my blog

http://livingtheadventures.blogspot.com/2010/10/ive-been-tagged.html

cant wait to see your answers!