Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Taco Bake!"

The gnocchi plans in the post from last night (well this morning) got postponed due to my friend having family plans come up at the last minute. When I let Hubbs know she wasn't coming and that I would figure out something else for dinner, he promptly responded with "Taco Bake!!!" He has been craving it and actually just mentioned it the other day. Perfect.

Now, while I did not take pictures of the taco bake (it's not very pretty anyway) it goes something like this: Brown ground beef (or turkey) like you would if you were making tacos (i.e. add taco seasoning). In a glass pie dish, place one tortilla. Layer 1/3 the ground beef, and your choice of taco ingredients (I made it with queso dip, corn, salsa, mexican cheese blend and olives on my half). Repeat twice more until you have 3 tortillas and 3 layers of meat. Bake in oven uncovered 15 minutes at 350.

Not quite gourmet, but quick and yummy and it will give us leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

But my biggest news, with a post to come tomorrow....I made my first loaf of bread today (that wasn't in a bread machine)! Yes folks, I tackled yeast and won. Tomorrow, I will have some jam on my toast and update the blog (I did take pictures of that process!)

1 comment:

According to Ashley said...

Yum!! I've recently started to looooove Mexican food so I've been trying lots of good recipes. I'll add this one to the list for sure! (PS - Thanks for reading/commenting! Your blog is super cute and I'll be sure to check back daily!)