Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 4: About my Family

First and foremost, my family is myself and Mr. D. Here we are on a St. Lucian beach during our honeymoon. We got married in May 2010, have lived together since December 2007 (when we also got engaged), and have been together since April 2005. We like to say we are stuck together now, it's been too long and we know too much :-P

My parental units. Mom and I are close. Let's just say Dad and I have a pretty strained relationship. However, they will always be my parents. I look like them and act like them, there is no mistaking where I came from!

My in-law family, complete with brother and sister in law, parents in law and Grandma in law (affectionately known as Gram). From the beginning they took me in and 6 years later I can really say that I feel like I am a part of this family. This family will soon be growing as my sister and brother in law will be welcoming our nephew in January!!!

And how could I possibly talk about family without including our furry babies?!?! The black kitty is Bonkers. She was Mr. D's before we met and it took a while for her to like me. She is a scaredy cat and is afraid of her own shadow. And she is a daddy's girl. The grey and white kitty is Amy, she was adopted at 8 weeks as a kitty for me, however she is also a daddy's girl most of the time! She's young and playful, loves yarn and attacking Bonkers. She likes to follow us around the house, lay on top of things we are trying to read and snuggling before bed.

3 comments:

meghan said...

furbabbies definitely count as family =) your wedding pics are gorgeous!!!

Allison said...

I love your wedding pictures! They're so pretty!

Heidi Meek said...

aww I miss my cat after seeing those kitties. Great blog, I love the look! I just joined the challenge hop and am so happy I got to stop by.