Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stupid Human Contact...

At least 3 times this week someone blew their nose or sneezed, looked at me and said "Oh I'm not sick, it's just allergies." Yeah, well guess what?! Someone was telling a big lie because now I am sick! Ugh...I Purell my hands probably 15 times a day but I still got sick. Awesome.

Yesterday I took an invitation to the post office to see how much it will cost to mail. By weight, it costs $0.61. For 61 cents, they have a pretty wedding stamp that has a white wedding cake. Woohoo!! But then the post office woman crushed my pretty stamp dream when she said "But they are too hard to go through the machine, so in total it will be $0.81." She proceeds to tell me that the 10 cent stamps are ugly (LOL) and she doesn't know what to tell me. So in my brillance, I said I would just do two 44 cent stamps. They have wedding 44 cent stamps, so at least I won't have ugly birds or planes or something on our wedding invitations!
She then says "Why the heck are these so hard, anyway?!", so I take it out of the envelope to show her. She flips it around, looking at it and says "Wow, these are so elaborate!" I tell her I made it all by hand and her eyebrows went up. "You really did?!" "Yes ma'am, I did." "Well they are beautiful.....but now you have to pay for the beauty." haha thanks a lot post office woman. At least I got a compliment. I am going next weekend to hand cancel them (because they can't go through the machine) and send them out!!

So I bought $96.80 worth of stamps yesterday...I don't think I have ever or will ever again spend that much in a post office!!

No comments: