Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Catching up on Recipes Part 1-Pulled Pork

This had to be the best pulled pork I have ever made. Normally I throw it all in the crockpot together (roast, spices, BBQ sauce) and cook it for 8 hours. But this time I decided that I didn't want to waste the last bottle of BBQ sauce we had in the pantry. So I made my own. Oh..my..gosh...I will never buy bbq sauce again.

BBQ Sauce
From The Neely's- Food Network

2 cups ketchup

1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
5 tablespoons light brown sugar
5 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
 
 
While that was simmering, the roast was in the crockpot on low. I put some salt, pepper, and chili powder on it and poured in about an inch of water. After about 4 hours I was able to pull it apart and I mixed in the bbq sauce. After cooking for 1 hour all together, I put it on rolls for pulled pork sandwiches.
 
Forgot to take a picture of the sandwich, but I got a picture of the pork!

No comments: