Thursday, July 29, 2010

Job Interview Fear!!

Hello blogging world, I am still here! Aside from weekly blog events, I haven't posted anything in what I feel is forever. I have two weeks left of my last internship! But that means it is time to find a job...

Everyone is telling me that it won't be difficult to find a job in my field. I have been searching, and I finished my resume/cover letter last week. I submitted it today to the facility I am completing my internship.

One thing- I am SCARED of interviews!!!! I have only done one interview in my life and it was really casual for a retail sales position. I've heard that people ask some weird questions during interviews to see if you can think on your feet- I'm terrified!!

So I pose 2 questions to you, my readers:
1. What's the weirdest question you have been asked during a job interview?
2. Does anyone have any tips on interviewing/staying calm during the interviews?

2 comments:

chelliewhik said...

I've heard of companies throwing out questions like "Do you pick your nose" just to see if you are able to think quickly.

If you treat it more like having a conversation with the employer, you should be a bit more relaxed....completely common to be nervous though!!!! Deep breaths Meyissa! You're going to kick some major ass!!

Unknown said...

You should practice. Have Ben ask you some questions and just practice answering them. Or even better have someone at the hospital do it so you are in the setting where your interview will be.

I have never had weird questions but some good ones to be prepped for are "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and "why are your better for this job than anyone else we interviewed".

also- they often ask if you have any questions so come prepared with a few :-)

Good luck!!!