Sunday, February 20, 2011

Borders Haul #1


10 books, 3 magazines, and 1 calendar...$96...not too bad for trip #1. I may go back tomorrow on my day off!

But poor Borders...it was a mad house. The line stretched around 80% of the store, it was over an hour to wait in line. Let's just say I'm a little more observant than other people and I was only in line for about 30 minutes ;-) The store was just trashed...books everywhere, huge chunks of books missing from shelves, books strewn over tables, chairs, floors. I'll admit I left a stack of random books on a random table...shame on me, I know! *Insert embarrassed face here*

The absolute worst part, the part I cringed at....they had to WRITE on my books with a SHARPIE!!!  I'm one of those people that don't even write my name in my books, don't dog ear pages, loose a breath if I see the cover has been bent in half (ok maybe I'm not quite that bad with the whole bending cover thing...but I do regret it and wish I could go back in time and prevent it!!) They have to put a line through the barcode so you can't return the book elsewhere. Nevertheless, I had a little mini freak out moment when I saw that Sharpie touch each book cover.

My loot. (Don't mind Mr D's feet in the background!!)

3 comments:

Neely said...

I went to borders yesterday and spent a fortune but I got a ton of stuff!!!! Do you live in Dallas? Or is it going out of business everywhere?

Melissa said...

I live in New England. There are 200 stores closing nationwide. I'm bummed but can't pass up a good sale!!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Yeah I just drove by Borders yesterday and saw that they're closing. I'm very surprised, I always thought they were doing well. I'll have to go check out these sales and see if I can stock up ;0)