Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nausea doesn't always mean pregnant!

So the dreaded stomach bug decided to visit me again this winter. 2 visits is more than enough Mr. Germ, ok?!
















I started feeling sick while I was at work Thursday afternoon. I went to ask one of the nurses for help with a patient because I was feeling so poorly that I wanted an extra pair of eyes. When I told her I was nauseous, she point at my stomach and raised her eyebrows. Nope, not pregnant I told her.

After I was done I was talking with a fellow PT/my preceptor and told her what the nurse had said. Went a little something like this:
"Well are you sure you're not?"
"Yes"
"Are you suuuuuuurrreee???" *raised eyebrows*
"Pretty sure...yeah."

A 24 year old woman can feeling like throwing up without being knocked up, people!! Thankyouverymuch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you come to a certain age and everyone just assumes thing! I'm not even married and get the same reactions!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Awww! I'm so sorry you got sick again! Stomach bugs are one of my worst nightmares and I try to avoid them at all costs. I always get a flu shot every year which seems to help, I use hand sanitizer religiously, and I take vitamins daily and it really helps to keep me healthier in the winter. I hope you feel better, and don't worry every time I feel tired or sick everyone asks if I'm pregnant lol. I don't know why society does that to us young girls as soon as we get married or even before!

Heather R. said...

I hope you feel better soon! I had this bug and it was awful...and infected our whole family last month. :(