Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Last Decade

It's hard to believe that it has been 10 years since Y2K and all that mumbo jumbo. These years seem to have just flown by for me! I got this idea from my friend Heather over at Heather's Hodgepodge, a recap of my past 10 years.

2001- I started my sophmore year of high school, turned 15 in August. Danced my first recital with what would become my studio/second home/second family.

2002- Junior year of high school, started dating my high school boyfriend. Turned 16, did not get my learner's permit.

2003- Started senior year of high school, finally got my learner's permit. Learn to drive, get my license December 23 (I will never forget that date!)

2004- Graduated high school, got my first car (2004 Hyundai Elantra- how I loved that car!!), started my freshman year of college. My first taste of freedom, being able to stop for lunch or whatnot without consulting anyone first!

2005- Finally got out of bad relationship w/high school boy. Met Mr. D online, instant connection, we started dating. Started my sophmore year of college.

2006- Continued my relationship with Mr. D. Junior year of college. Spent a lot of time at school studying. Spent my weekends with my love.

2007- Turned 21, was sick with a sinus infection (in August) but still had an alcoholic beverage on my birthday! Started my senior year of college. Went to NYC for the first time in November. Went to the Radio City rockettes show for the first time in December. Got engaged in front of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree December 8th!! Moved out of my parents house and into an apartment with Mr. D.

2008- Graduated in January with my Bachelors in Health Science. Set a wedding date, started planning. Learned how to live on our own without our parents. Decided we hate our apartment and decided to buy a house. Put a down payment down and they began construction on our new home. Had the instructor from hell for my first internship and began to doubt my career choice, but powered through anyhow. And we got our kitty Amy!

2009- Did the bulk of our wedding planning. Moved into our first home. Completed my first internship successfully.

2010- I completed my second and third (final) internships. Mr. D and I tied the knot on May 29. I graduated college with my Doctorate in Physical Therapy. We bought a new car for me. I got my first grown up job, Mr. D changed jobs.

And so far in 2011- I passed my board exam and got licensed as a PT. Mr. D is switching jobs, again.

As you can see, I spent a lot of time in school the past 10 years, and spent a lot of time with Mr. D :-)

1 comment:

Mariel Collins said...

Loved this post! Congrats on passing your boards i don't have to take mine till next year, im studying to be a PTA! YAY FOR PT!