Saturday, March 19, 2011

In a rut.

This week was a complete bust. I was off on Monday because I worked Sunday, so I took full advantage by relaxing and reading 1 whole book in 1 day.  I took a vacation day Friday and I am so thankful I did. I was feeling so run down and exhausted. Even though I had a doctor's appointment, I took full advantage of my day off. AND it was the warmest day of the year so far (70 degrees!!!) so I got to spend some time outside (without a coat!)

My reading total for the year so far is 6 books, working on 7 and 8 now. I've lost interest in one I started reading. I swear, I've started this book probably 6 or 7 times since I bought it (probably about 12 years ago...no lie.) and I get bored with it every time. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

In other news, I have realized that this is me and Mr D:
We come home from work and sit. He takes the love seat and I take the couch. He has his computer and I have mine. Dinner is something pre made or a couple of pre made items put together. I cooked from scratch on Thursday for the first time in weeks. Then again on Friday: St. Patrick's dinner (1 day late, I know). Came out pretty good if I do say so myself:

We don't talk or cuddle or go out or anything. We are such an old married couple. We discussed it today so hopefully it will be getting better.

So to sum it up, I am in a rut. Any suggestions for me, readers?

2 comments:

allie-mac-fallie said...

i totally feel your "pain" ... we TOTALLY do the same thing. I dont even have the energy to cook anymore it seems. if you find solutions let me know please! we have talked about it but nothing has changed. hopefully it is just a phase. ? ? ?

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

We tend to do the same thing.. I'll end up on the big chair and ottoman and he'll be on the couch. At some point one of us is like "Hey come over here and be with me!"

I try to cook one or two "real meals" a week. I usually work out after work, so on the days I don't work out are the days I'll cook. I make a pot of sauce once a week (his favorite) and then something else. I try to keep it to shorter recipes since we've worked all day and we're hungry and tired. There are a lot of great recipes out there that take 30 minutes or less to prepare and or cook.

The weekends are our time, we usually try to go for drinks somewhere or do something fun together like go to a wine tasting or go to the beach. If we're out with friends, we'll take the next day to just be us and enjoy each other's company. HTH! You're not in a rut I promise! Sometimes life just gets in the way.