Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bacon, Cheese & Potato Chowder

This is my first food post and I forgot to take a picture of the dinner before we ate it. It wasn't very pretty looking, the picture I am going to use from the Kraft Foods website is much prettier!!

Fiance and I love hearty meals in the winter time. I found this soup last year while we were still living in the apartment. It became a fast favorite; I made it several times last winter. This winter it sort of slipped through the cracks until fiance brought it up last week and asked me to make it one night. So I did.
Recipe as follows. Normal text is the recipe, italic text is my changes.



Bacon, Cheese & Potato Chowder
Recipe adapted from kraftrecipes.com

3 cups fat-free milk
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of potato soup

2 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns
1 cup  2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 slices  Bacon, cooked, crumbled (I used 4 slices of turkey bacon)
2 green onions, thinly sliced (I used half of a small white onion) 



Mix milk and soup in large saucepan. (I add the onions here as well) Stir in hash browns (The bacon was added here as well, to get the smoked flavor into the soup a bit). Bring to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally; simmer on medium-low 10 min., stirring frequently. Serve topped with cheese, bacon and onions.




1 comment:

Cass said...

I really want to try this Melissa! Jon gets baked potato soup at lunch so often, and I think this might be a great alternative to that at home!! I'll let you know how it comes out.