Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting for the phone to ring...

I really hate when you call and leave a message for someone, and don't hear back from them. I know that I am guilty of doing the same thing and quite often, but I feel that these situations are different:

1. Call the doctor's office Monday to get a change in prescription. Receptionist takes message and says that they will call if there are any problems. I ask her to call me regardless because I have had problems with them not calling in a prescription in the past. She "makes a note of it". Do not hear back from office. Call the pharmacy this morning- yeah, my prescription got called in and my refill is waiting for me to pick up. How hard is it to call me to tell me the task at hand is complete? Especially because I specifically asked.

2. Call the hair salon to set up my wedding trials. Receptionist (or whoever answers the phone) takes a message because she doesn't know which stylists are assigned to me, and I do not know either. She promises I will hear back by the end of the afternoon. I didn't. I know they are busy, though, so I hope to hear back tomorrow.

On a brighter note, plans are starting to come together. I need to stop overwhelming myself and plan one thing at a time. But first, I must make a list. I love lists =) Maybe if I organize myself, I will breathe a little easier.

No comments: