Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

My dear friend (in real life and in blogland!) Mrs. F started this challenge and it looked intriguing, so I have decided to join in. Except it is a 30 day challenge and it's on Day 4 already!! Guess I have to do 4 posts today!! Travel over to Katie's blog to check it out!



Day 1: Introduce, Recent photo, and 15 Interesting Facts

Hi to blogland!! I'm Mrs. D (trying hard to avoid using real names on here)! My Hubbs and I got married over Memorial Day weekend 2010 after a 2.5 year engagement and 5 years of dating. We met at college at the end of my freshman year, his sophmore year. I thank heavens everyday that he came into my life. I graduated with my Bachelors degree in January of 2008, and just completed my Doctorate in physical therapy in September 2010. I start my first adult job next week and I am excited yet nervous to be a contributing member of society!
Hubbs and I built a house and moved in winter 2009. It has been an exciting and challenging adventure being homeowners. I love our house, but I am keeping a list of things we need in our next house. In the meantime, I am trying my best to decorate and make it our own. It will be much easier once I have a job and that extra money coming in!! We share our home with our two cats that do not even pretend to get along. Adds excitement and gets us ready for kids, right?
In my spare time, I blog, experiement with new recipes in the kitchen, dabble in photography, and play Farmville (yes, I am one of those people.)


Yup, that's me on our wedding day!!


15 facts:
1. I never drove on an interstate highway until probably about 3 years ago. I am terrible with directions and was so scared of getting lost/having a ton of other cars on the road. Well, watch out for me now, I'm a highway driver!

2. I didn't have a job until I was 18. It was a retail job at a women's clothing store and I worked there for 5 years. I quit back in February when I was on internship for my degree. I miss my co-workers but not the crabby people!!

3. I am a picture addict. I try to take pictures of everything so I can remember every moment. It was the #1 thing on our wedding list, and we chose the best photographer ever for our big day!

4. In reference to the above, I love to scrapbook!!! I did traditional scrapbooking for years and years, but recently I have started digital scrapbooking. It's so much easier because all of my photos are digital anyway.

5. I am in a person centered career, but I really hate people. It amazes me how people are so oblivious to the world around them and how many stupid things I see people doing everyday. If every person just did what they were supposed to, the world would be a better place.

6. Pet peeves: people that drive under the speed limit in the passing lane, people that don't use turn signals, people that stop dead in the middle of the grocery aisle with you right behind them, people that don't take responsibility for themselves, whiney people, people that spend money they don't have and then complain that they are in debt (see a trend here...people!!!)

7. I have been driving the same car since I graduated high school 6 years ago. It is almost time for a new car, but I am going to be so sad to let this one go!!

8. I have my doctorate degree but my study skills are horrible- I am supposed to be studying for my licensure exam right now but I am blogging instead!!

9. Country music is my favorite!! We go to at least 5 country concerts a year and I love every one of them!! All time favorite= Rascal Flatts!

10. I think I have the best in-laws I could ask for. People complain about their mother in laws all the time, but I love mine!!

11. I am an only child. My best friend and I have been inseperable since we were 11 years old and call each other sisters. It was even in her maid of honor speech at our wedding! I now have a sister-in-law and brother-in-law as well.

12. Planning our wedding was such a blast for me! I made everything by hand and no one could tell. Guess that means I did a good job. I can't wait to do the same for my friends when they tie the knot!!

13. I was on a wedding message board site throughout the wedding and met some wonderful ladies that I have met in person and kept in touch with since the wedding.

14. I miss having friends. Since high school and college have ended, I have lost a lot of friends along the way. I could probably count on one hand how many girlfriends I have, which makes me sad. I have no one I can call if I want a shopping partner or if I'm bored and want to hang out.

15. I have baby fever like crazy!! Ever since we got married, it seems like everyone is either pregnant or has a baby. I look at baby stuff online to get an idea of how much $$ the materialistic aspects are going to cost. If Hubbs is reading this right now, he will roll his eyes. He is not mentally ready for babies, and we are not financially ready for babies. But the fever is hard to get rid of!! Hopefully in a few years.

2 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Yayyyy!!! I'm so glad you decided to do this...now I will expect a post every day Mrs. D!

I agree with you on #14...it's been so hard to keep those that you thought were super close to you...I guess it's a life lesson



Shhhh...don't tell J (he already knows) but I am dealing with #15 as well...I find buying things for other people's babies to be very therapeutic!!!

chelliewhik said...

#14....someday we'll be back in the same state and I will be more than willing and happy to be your shopping buddy or hang out partner! Anything for Meyissa!