Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Your First Love

This one is actually tough. I didn't really do the whole "crush" thing until high school. From junior year of high school through my freshman year of college, I had a steady boyfriend. I guess back then I would have said he was my first love. However, I would not classify him as this now!! I think my real high school love was my best male friend (and anyone that knew me during this time would probably agree with me). You know, the boy that you could tell anything to, the one that you flirted back and forth with, the one that you wanted to kiss so bad but never did. Looking back now, it was a huge tease but it made me happy then. If we had dated, I'm sure it would have been better than the one I was actually dating!! Our friendship slowly fizzled out once we went to college and I talk to him maybe once a year now.

As corny as this is...my Hubbs is my real first love. I had never met a man as amazing as he is. Love is being there through thick and thin, through good and bad, happy and sad. And I can say that we were there for each other like that even before we were engaged.

No comments: