Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 4

And with this post I am officially caught up to the others!!!

Day 4: Your Parents
This is not an easy post.

My mother is an amazing woman. She has been through oh so much in her life, more than I probably know about. Currently, she is recovering from her third neck surgery. She has not been able to feel her hands/arms for 15 years, yet she was at every single one of my band concerts, football games, dance recitals, and awards ceremonies. She has endured divorce and hardship and keeps plugging along. I can tell her anything and feel that we have grown closer since I have moved out of her house. We go to all the country music concerts together and share the same spunk and attitude.

As I said, my parents are divorced. As of 2 months before my wedding. That was hard. My relationship with my father was never fantastic. I used to think we were too similar to get along. We are both stubborn and need to have the last word in an argument. Imagine those arguments during my teen years. There is a lot more that I won't get into in this blog. But our relationship has completely deteriorated since my parents seperated and it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Maybe someday it will be healed, but only time will tell.
















Me and the parentals. I look like my Dad.

2 comments:

Mrs. F said...

I really like this post...I hope your mom is feeling better!!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Your mom sounds like such an amazing and strong person and I bet she is so grateful to have you as her daughter!