Saturday, October 16, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Penne















Buffalo Chicken Penne
From Carries Sweet Life

1 lb chicken breast, bite size pieces
1 (11 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup hot sauce
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 cups penne, uncooked

Season chicken salt and pepper and put it in the crock.
Add the chicken soup and hot sauce and stir.
Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3.
Stir in cheeses and sour cream and turn off the crock pot.
Boil pasta according to package instructions, drain well and add to the chicken/sauce mixture.
Stir well and serve!


Changes I Made: First, I did not measure anything. I added enough Frank's Red Hot that I thought Mr D would like it but it wouldn't be too hot for myself. I cooked the chicken on low for 3 hours and it was perfect. I do think our crockpot always cooks faster than the recommended time. I omitted blue cheese. Next time, I would add less sour cream.

The Verdict: This was a hit! We both really enjoyed it. It had enough kick to it that you knew it was buffalo chicken, but it wasn't too spicy that you couldn't enjoy it. I would add less sour cream next time, knowing I was eating that much sour cream kinda made me gag a little.

1 comment:

Elaina Weaver said...

This looks delicious!! I will have to try it.