Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 5

Day 5: Your Siblings

I am actually an only child. Growing up, I lived next door to my cousins so I always had someone to play with. But my being an only child is probably the reason why I have a strong love of reading, and why I can sit for hours doing nothing and be content. It's probably why I'm so laid back and why I get along with people so well.

Technically I am an only child. However....I do have a sister. A sister that has been with me through thick and thin. Through middle school, high school and college. Through crushes, bad boyfriends, and my wedding. She might not be related to me...and I may not have met her until we were 11 years old, but Leah will be my sister for life. I am truly grateful for the fact that I met my best friend all those years ago. It was just coincidence that we were in the same cluster in the 6th grade, that we both liked Gloria Estefan, that we both wanted to read aloud in history class. We were actually banned from reading aloud because we used to fight over who got to do it! It was just a coincidence that we kinda looked alike, that people would call one by the other's name, and that our moms have the same first name. I call her parents "Mom and Dad" and her little brother is my little bro. She planned by bridal shower, my bachelorette party, and listened to me whine about the wedding. I could not have chosen a better best friend!!

2 comments:

Kit said...

beautiful picture!!!!!

Leah said...

I loooooove you sister dear!!! I could not have picked a better sister either <3 <3 <3